For many individuals, performing even fundamental duties required by their jobs is a literal ache within the neck. Persistent neck ache is a debilitating situation that may happen as a consequence of quite a lot of causes. It may impression your capability to work and your general high quality of life. Our Orlando long-term incapacity lawyer explains widespread causes and when chances are you’ll be eligible for long-term incapacity advantages.
‘Tech Neck’ And Different Widespread Causes Of Neck Ache
Neck ache is likely one of the most typical varieties of illnesses. It may find yourself being a significant drawback for individuals who spend giant quantities of time both engaged on a pc or just their telephones and different gadgets.
Tech neck describes a painful situation that may trigger complications, restricted mobility, and tingling or numbness within the arms, fingers, and different physique elements. It happens as a consequence of spending lengthy hours trying down at a display, leading to strained muscle mass and tendons, pinched nerves, and broken vertebrae, resulting in unhealthy curvatures of the backbone.
Whereas tech neck is a severe danger for staff in quite a lot of industries, there are different widespread causes of neck ache that can lead to long-term disabilities. In keeping with the Mayo Clinic, these embrace:
- Unintentional accidents, resembling struggling whiplash in a automotive accident;
- Worn joints, as a consequence of age and overuse;
- Degenerative ailments, resembling arthritis;
- Lengthy-term diseases, resembling most cancers.
Lengthy-Time period Incapacity Advantages For Neck Ache
Any situation that impacts your capability to work or carry out sure duties in your job and is predicted to final for a yr or longer might entitle you to long-term incapacity. Advantages could also be out there by means of your employer or the Social Safety Administration (SSA). Steps you may take to guard your rights concerning these advantages embrace:
- Get a agency analysis of your situation from a health care provider;
- Comply with all suggestions concerning testing and therapy;
- Maintain particulars data concerning physician visits and the signs you endure from;
- Maintain a journal describing how neck ache impacts your on a regular basis life and talent to work;
- Doc any days off or prolonged depart you will have needed to take as a consequence of neck ache;
- Assessment employer-provided long-term incapacity advantages you could have in place;
- Assessment SSA pointers to find out whether or not you will have earned sufficient of the required work credit;
- Contact our Florida long-term incapacity lawyer for assist in submitting a declare.
Request A Session With Our Florida Lengthy-Time period Incapacity Lawyer At present
Lengthy-term incapacity advantages can offer you a gradual earnings within the occasion you endure from power neck ache that impacts your capability to work for a yr or longer. These advantages could also be out there by means of your employer or the Social Safety Administration, however submitting a declare and getting it accepted is usually a problem.
To guard your rights to advantages and forestall denials or delays that might jeopardize your monetary safety, attain out to Farrell Incapacity Legislation. We are able to overview your case and help you all through the applying course of. Name or contact our Florida long-term incapacity lawyer on-line immediately to request a session in our Orlando or Jacksonville workplace.