On the entire, the nation seems to be recovering from the COVID pandemic. Whereas there are nonetheless new variants, some doubtlessly lethal, companies have reopened, and we now have returned to a ‘new regular’. Sadly, this isn’t the case for some individuals who contracted the virus prior to now.
Lengthy COVID is a serious public well being drawback and a number one reason for long-term disabilities. Our Orlando long-term incapacity lawyer explains associated circumstances which might be widespread and will make you eligible for advantages.
Lengthy COVID: The Pandemic After The Pandemic
The COVID-19 virus wreaked havoc all over the world and continues to be a serious concern for public well being officers. Together with the possibly life-threatening impacts of the virus itself, lengthy COVID is known as ‘the pandemic after the pandemic’.
Based on the non-profit Kaiser Household Basis (KFF), lengthy COVID is a typical complication that arises after an infection. It presently impacts roughly 10 to 33 million adults in the USA. Persistent well being circumstances it causes that can lead to long-term disabilities embody:
- Mind fog, which entails problem pondering or concentrating on duties;
- Persistent complications;
- Persistent joint and muscle ache;
- Persistent vertigo or dizziness;
- Despair and nervousness;
- Extreme tiredness, mimicking Persistent Fatigue Syndrome;
- Coronary heart palpitations and chest pains;
- Respiratory issues;
Lengthy COVID may additionally contain injury to physique organs and related techniques. This contains the center, lungs, kidneys, and mind. Any of those or the above circumstances may make it unattainable to work or carry out even easy family duties.
Acquiring Lengthy-Time period Incapacity Advantages For Lengthy COVID
When continual well being circumstances forestall you from working, long-term incapacity advantages may help make up for misplaced revenue. These advantages could also be accessible via your employer, via privately bought insurance policies, or via the Social Safety Administration (SSA).
Whereas lengthy COVID is accepted as a incapacity by the US Division of Well being and Human Providers, it’s nonetheless closely scrutinized on long-term incapacity claims. To extend your possibilities of getting your advantages permitted, observe these steps:
- Present medical documentation: Have your physician affirm that you simply did have COVID and that you’ve got been in search of therapy for related-health circumstances ever since.
- Element your whole signs: Present detailed details about your signs, itemizing every one and the way they impression your capacity to work.
- Hold a incapacity journal: Every day, jot down how you feel and the impression your signs have on actions of each day dwelling (ADL).
- Search authorized steerage: Even with documentation, many lengthy COVID incapacity claims find yourself being denied. Get an skilled long-term incapacity lawyer to information you thru the appeals course of.
Contact Our Florida Lengthy-Time period Incapacity Lawyer
At Farrell Incapacity Legislation, we perceive the key impacts lengthy COVID can have in your life and your capacity to work. Our skilled Florida long-term incapacity lawyer helps you get the advantages you deserve. To request a session in our Jacksonville or Orlando workplace, name or contact us on-line immediately.